Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Keeping Ourselves Warm With Our Latest Tracks

For some reason this winter seems to be dragging, leaving me grasping for some sign of spring. Mother nature seems to be teasing us as this winter winds down. Just as the sun begins to peak around the clouds and spring bulbs release their flowers and I prepare for warmer days and less clothing, we are reminded of the fickleness of the weather here. Silly how I fall for it everytime, because the next morning I wake up to iced over windows and a fresh dusting of snow on the cobblestones just outside my front door. However I do owe a bit of gratitude to this long winter because I tend to keep myself warm in the studio with our latest beats.

As the chilled wind blows and the rain changes from snow to hail, Franchot(my producer) and I have been laying down tracks that show the same variety as our weather. Always searching for new innovative ways to progress as artists and nail down our sound just a bit more, we have banged out a good 20 tracks, ranging from reggae to blues from blues to funk and from funk to back to pop. We will use all of this material to pull from for our next cd which we plan to release in 2009. So for what it's worth, I may be cold but my song book in filling up quickly with ink. Here's to winter, warm studios, and new material.